Monday, 15 April 2013
My soul friends are Rachel and Katelyn
Katelyn is 7 years old and Rachel is 10 years old.
Katelyn’s favourite thing to do outside of school is to play with her friends because they are special to her. Rachel’s favourite thing outside of school is going to the pools because that is her favourite sport.
Katelyn’s colour is Purple because her mum likes that colour too. Rachel’s favourite colour is Blue because she loves looking at the sky.
A Soul Friend is people who support each other, help each other and guide each other. They listen to each other and encourage each other.
Monday, 8 April 2013
Friday, 5 April 2013
Similes and Metaphors
A simile is where two things are directly compared because they share a common feature. The word AS or LIKE is used to compare the two words. Eg. As cold AS a dog's nose
A metaphor also compares two things, but it does so more directly WITHOUT using as or like. Eg. The shop was a little gold-mine.
At the end of the sentence, write in brackets whether the sentence is an example of a metaphor or simile.
Eg. The clouds were fluffy like cotton wool. (SIMILE)
- As slippery as an eel. (SIMILE) ✔
- Arnie was a man-mountain.( Metaphor) ✔
- He was a lion in battle.(Metaphor) ✔
- She is as pretty as a picture.(SIMILE) ✔
- The striker was a goal machine. (Metaphor) ✔
- The torch lit up the room as if the sun had risen early. (Simile) ✔
- The moon was a misty shadow. (Simile) (Metaphor)
- My friend has a face like a bag of spanners. (Simile) ✔
Wednesday, 3 April 2013
1) Put in the speech marks in these sentences.
- “don’t want to go” said Jane.
- “Where is my book?” said Fred.
- Maria whispered “hello friend.”
2) Put in the Capital Letters and Full stops.
- One morning I was walking along the road.
- Suddenly the monster jumped out from behind the bushes.
3) Highlight the punctuation in this paragraph.